Quality Home Locator has been buying and selling properties in the Decatur, IL area for over 10 years. Our website has achieved high rankings within the major search engines and our properties consistently rent within the first few weeks after being listed on our website. We have a vast database of local users interested in rentals within this area to draw from. This also includes students interested in Millikin University Housing. We also have a trained staff that not only can show your house, but can provide any needed repair or maintenance. Screening and showing your home as well as providing quality service after the contract has been signed is what keeps tenants happy and renting from you. Some of the towns we service are Decatur, Forsyth, Mt Zion, Moweaqua, Long Creek and Maroa in the Illinois area. If your properties location is not listed don't worry, just contact us. We cover the entire area and will be happy to help.
- Make recommendations concerning any repair or cosmetic work that may need to be done in order to maximize your revenue potential.
- Provide data on rental rates in the area and help you to determine the optimal rent for your property.
- Help you navigate through the different policies that may need to be determined such as allowing smoking, children, or pets
Marketing your property
- Create a marketing campaign that best fits your area. We have a large data base of users looking to rent. We will market to this group first and then expand our efforts if necessary. We may also include some of the following advertising methods:
- Will advertise through any free media available
- Print publications
- We will place a sign at the rental property
- Press Releases via our corporate websites as well as the owners personal blog
- Evaluate tenant according to pre-defined tenant standards
- Inform tenants who were turned down or accepted
Tenant Move In
- Compose leasing agreement
- Affirm move in date with tenant
- Clarify lease protocol with tenant concerning items such as rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly accomplished
- Perform detailed inspection and walk thorugh with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property
- Collect first months rent and security deposit
- Collecting rent
- Tracking and obtaining late payments
- Sending out delinquent notifications
- Notifying and collection of late fees
- Filing legal paperwork to initiate and complete an eviction if necessary
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from unit
- Advise in the event of a legal dispute
- Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary
- Understand and abide by the latest local, state and federal legislation that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties.
- Perform bi-monthly inspections looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner reports on the condition of the property if attention is needed
- Make mortgage, insurance or any dues owed on behalf of owner
- Documentation of expenses with receipts and invoices
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form
- Providing tax deductions/recommendations related to thier rental property.
Maintenance and Repairs
- Provide and manage a repair crew for minor repairs
- Assign jobs to different parties (in-house employees, handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Maintain outdoor areas (if needed)
- Leaf and snow removal
- Removing trash and debris
- Availablility 24/7 to be reached for emergency repair needs
Lease Expiration and Tenant Move Out
- Inspect property, complete a report on the property's condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant and owner with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant or complete needed repairs
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent
If you have a property you would like to have us manage feel free to contact us.